Members of the public can ask for permission to speak about an item contained in the Council Agenda at a council meeting. However, they must get permission from the Governance Manager at the Campaspe Shire Council at least 24 hours before the meeting.
Requests to speak can be made:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by mail, addressed to Frank Crawley, Governance Manager, Campaspe Shire Council, PO Box 35, Echuca
The rules about speaking at a council meeting include:
- You can only speak about an item on the agenda.
- You get a maximum of five minutes to speak.
- You must speak before council discusses and resolves the issue.