Round 2 grants are now open.
Through the Community Grants Program, council offers financial support to not-for-profit community organisations for projects, events, exhibitions and more, which contribute to the municipality, supporting council's vision "We are strong, supportive, vibrant and sustainable."
Community grants are available two categories:
- Community Support up to $4,000
- Events community (up to $1,000), significant (up to $5,000)
Steps to apply
- Read the guidelines (download below)
- Start your application (online)
- Once complete, submit before the closing date
All applications are now online.
The first step to applying is to register your organisation and set up a password. Once registered, you can start and save your application as you progress it. Supporting documents can also be attached. Please remember to submit your application before 5pm on Friday, 20 September. If you need assistance with the online process, please contact Bobbi Aitken, 1300 666 535.
How are grant applications assessed?
Applications for community grants are assessed according to their category. Projects which focus on strengthening Campaspe’s communities are considered favourably. Other selection criteria include:
- Economic benefit – Will the project increase retail, industry and accommodation, enhancement of economic base, or funds spent locally?
- Project sustainability - If the project is ongoing, is it likely to generate its own funds for future years?
- Community / social benefit - Does the project involve local community members? Does it bring visitors to Campaspe? Or does it enrich the shire?
- Partnership - Contribution by group or others to the project either cash and / or in-kind, including project partnership participation (not just financial contribution).
Community Grants Program timeline
March applications open
mid April applications close
June successful applications advised
July funds presented
August applications open
mid September applications close
November successful applications advised
December funds presented